Sometimes I forget about this website, and then suddenly one day I remember and I have to post a new blog to update you! Much has happened since I last blogged here.
- I wrote 2 new books (How To Write Your Book Fast: Making Your Writing Dreams Come True and Afflicted: A woman missionary kidnapped by terrorists in Africa, with one more non-fiction book waiting to be published at Amazon, which is the first of my butterfly cover series books: Metamorphosis: Transformed From Fear to Faith);
- Our daughter Leah got her first job and has taken enormous, brave steps of faith this year toward adult independence. Ray and I are so very proud of her!
- During this summer, I got a part-time job at a bakery making cookies and dessert bars, which really helped with making a consistent weekly paycheck, but resigned because it was overwhelmingly stressful, non-stop pressure, constantly busy, and hectic. I’m still working at home as a speaker and writer, but currently looking for a part-time secretarial job outside the home. If you know anyone who needs a speaker for a women’s conference or events, contact me here. You can also contribute to my small business and ministry by buying my books here.
- My husband Ray has been taking a local college class (community health worker) relating to his paramedic work for college credit. He still has to do the labs for full credit;
- Our oldest daughter Heather is working two jobs (about 60 to 69 hours a week) to support herself and her two precious girls Annabelle and Violet. Being a single (divorced) mom is the hardest job in the world. I was one with Heather for almost 10 years. Please keep her in your prayers;
- I installed a new theme at my website that has a cherry tree picture on the home page. Cherry trees are hard to grow. They only blossom for about one to two weeks. Spiritually, they are symbolic of the beauty and fragility of life. Life is overwhelmingly beautiful, but tragically short. I believe this speaks to us as believers to do what God has called us to do and to fulfill our purpose. You can see the beautiful theme here. If you’re on your phone, you’ll have to switch to the Desktop version (scroll to the bottom of the page on your phone and click the button). But you need to be on your desktop computer or laptop to see its full beautiful effect.
Meanwhile, here in Kansas City it has been in the single digits with snow. Last night it was 2 degrees–yes, TWO! The snow is beautiful, but I hate driving in it. If you live here, or other similar places with ice and snow, stay safe and warm!
My husband Ray, who is a paramedic, agrees the snow is beautiful if you’re inside your house, sitting by a warm fireplace, drinking a Cognac; but when you’re dragging a heavy patient on a stretcher across a field in this stuff, not so much!
I’ve been decorating for Christmas here at home. This is my fave time of year, decorating the tree and house, listening to Christmas music, and drinking hot chocolate. I hate waiting until the last minute to shop, but it couldn’t be helped this year so I’m not anywhere near ready with gift-buying! Are you ready?
Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
I pray you have a wonderful, blessed Christmas and new year with your family and friends. May you draw closer to Christ in this season and let Him and Christmas shine with love through your heart.
Needing some Christmas gift ideas for your loved ones? Books make great presents. You might find something for your family, friends, co-workers or neighbor at my Amazon Author Page here.by